Our 2006 European Vacation

The 2006 holiday for Stephen and Jane.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Friday, September 01, 2006

Bangkok

We arrived in Bangkok and made our way to our hotel. We had tried to book the rooms in the UK on line with Thomas Cook but their system would not accept our Aussie credit card so ended up booking with Asiarooms.com. The price we had paid was significantly less than that quoted by Thomas Cook and included breakfast so we always worried there would be no room when we arrived. Surprise, surprise not only a room but an upgrade to deluxe!

It was hot and steamy so we booked a coach tour for the following day to take us out of the city to visit the floating markets and to ride the canals on the longtails. Our first evening and a quick walk to the local shops for a few bargains and dinner. Unfortunately I missed my footing as we left the shopping centre and landed quite literally flat on my face. It was extremely frightening and our first thoughts were had I damaged my neck again. Stephen thinks I do these things to give him maximum stress. To cut a long story short it is a week later as I write the blog and my neck is still sore but functioning, my right knee is still very bruised and my nose finally looks normal again.

Our day trip the next day was brilliant even if I did wear the
travel pillow on my neck and look quite silly whenever we were
seated on the coach. The photos show the floating markets and
elephants at play.